Tuesday, March 27, 2007

True Mama

Reasons you know you are a TRUE mommy-

1- You realize its 5:00pm and you are still in your pj's.

2- Your topic of conversation is the sweet sale on produce at your local grocery store. (Haley- did you stock up on asparagus or what?)

3- The silence during nap time is enjoyable and not scary anymore.

4- You realize you haven't had your picture taken since the baby was born.

5- A walk to the mailbox is the funnest and most refreshing part of the day.

6- You hear every firetruck, airplane and tractor from miles away.

and last but not least...you find things like this in the dishwasher.

To all you mommies out there...Have a great day!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Linds you are so funny! You make me want to be a true Mommie... Don't tell my bosses I said that :)

Chelsea Anne said...

I love it. I love going to the mailbox too. I don't know why though there are only ever bills.

Lindsey said...

You crack me up...mostly because I am currently experiencing the "silence of naptime". The biggest downer about the house we currently live in is that the mailbox is right outside the front door...it makes for a short trip. (but in our old townhome it was down the street!)

Just like that my silence has ended!

Lance and Becky said...

Lindsey you are so right, and everything on that little list is the truth isn't it :) I love it! I love ya Linds!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

This makes me laugh because I'm reading this in my sweats. I love being a mom.

Rachel said...

I got a good laugh out of this one! I'm so glad that I am not the only one who looks forward to walking down the street to go get the mail! And I always find random objects in the dishwasher and play food in the fridge! Haha, too funny!

The Sandy Bottom Crew said...

Love it. So TRUE!

Meghan said...

HA! Does it count that it's 6PM and I'm still in my pj's???? ;)

Love the surprise in the dishwasher...