Thursday, March 22, 2007

Teeth Issues


Dentist- "describe what the pain feels like?"
Me- "shooting pains up my face into my eyes and brain and lasts up to 10 minutes sometimes...i want to pull my tooth out."
Dentist- "doesn't sound fun, lets take care of it."
Me- "Great...or you can save me money and let me take home some of that numbing medicine you shoot into my gums and that would solve everything." (Im so funny, i know)
The drilling starts, I'm numb, the spit sucker is at full action, the clay cement mold is running down my throat making me gag... I lay patiently with spit dribbling out my mouth as the assistant makes me fake tooth (temporary crown). The procedure lasts an hour as i try to focus on the music i picked out on their ipod they provide for your listening pleasure. I think "The Fray" is always going to remind me of my painful tooth from now on. Anywho, as my "fake tooth" dries, Dentist decides to fill another cavity while we wait. Why not? Im finally done and procede to meet with the billing lady.
Billing lady Linda- "So, shall i bill your parents insurace then?"
Me- (thinking) very very tempting....they wont even notice. "Mmmm, im married so im not on their insurance anymore."
Billing lady Linda- "Darnit...well then i will give you a bookeeping discount to help you out a bit."
Me- "Super, becuase i don't have dental insurace."
Billing Lady Linda- "Ok, so its $736.50 total.
Me- Silence.... as i write my check with my shaking hands and numb face. Thinking any minute i am going to burst into tears because $700.00 is ALOT to someone like me.
I leave the dentist in tears. On a positive note, i wont hurt anymore when i breathe, drink or eat on the right side of my mouth. Lets just say i am DONE eating candy and owen better not by cursed with bad teeth like his mom.
In closing, i am sorry to complain for the 2nd post in a row and reminding you all to brush and floss everyday and throw our all that taffy and bubblegum!
Happy Thursday.
P.S. My dentist really is the best in the world so if you are in need, Call Dr Robert Jones!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Yuckie I hate the dentist. I feel your pain though with the whole finacial thing. Last year John & me casually went& got a dentist checkup. He had 4 stinkin' cavaties! We will just say we spent the rest of our mere savings fixing his teeth. We think twice now when we go to the dentist!

alexis said...

oh my goodness, i have the worst teeth EVER. they are naturally really soft but then i ate lemons all growing up which ate the ennamel off, so i have visits like these (painful/expensive) alllll the time.

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh... you are hilarious!
Happy Easter coming up, huh? ;) I understand your pain with the dentist... but glad you are in better shape now. $700 at the dentist is A LOT for anyone I think. Pregnancy is not good for my teeth, so I might be there in a month and a half at my next appointment. :(

Anonymous said...

Girl! dont even get me started on health care and crap!!!

Chelsea Anne said...

That's why I don't go to the denist--it's a money pit.

The Sagers Family said...

Hilarious post linds! So funny! $700 ouch. Maybe dental insurance is a good idea in the long run ey?