Wednesday, June 25, 2008

once there was a kid

named Tyson...who was actually 25 years old.
Heres the story-
On a hot summer afternoon, i get a knock on my door. It was my cute neighbor Tiffany. She informs me that her son Garison rounded up some buddies and was awaiting Tyson's arrival home from work so he could play baseball with them. It was 3:00. I called to let tyson know...he was home by 3:10. After a quick, "hi honey, im home but im going to the park to play baseball" he was out the door, on the phone trying to round up more players. Cute little Jenna informed me she was the only girl so i quickly strapped Reg in the stroller and supported the team. ( and Jenna).After a few games of baseball, and a few swigs of water, they were onto the next activity...capture the flag. Tyson was spent after a few hours of playing. I felt like saying, "be home before dinner."
The team



11 comments:

amanda said...

Haha. That is WAY too
adorable. I love this
story.

Kara said...

That is to funny! Your such a good mom/wife to go to the park and(melt to death) watch them play!

Natalie said...

That is TOO cute! Love it...what fun memories.

fREnCh TrOSt said...

That's so funny. All the kiddo's in our hood love kev too, but it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to even throw a ball.. all they wanna do is play nintendo, lamo! I'm happy to see that there are still normal kids out there who love good ol fashion baseball.

Jen Bird said...

That is hillarious! What a sweet husband you have! Looks like he's going to be a great t-ball coach for Owen and Reggie!! :)

jeannie said...

Watch out Tyson... now you are going to have every neighbor kid on your head every day to play with them! HA HA I'm sure you would love it though that's just the kind of stud you are! My kids love you!

Sabrina said...

your so funny! You want to live here in little St. George? Man, I wish I lived back in seattle where it is green and I can actually touch my steering wheel :) We hope you can make it to the wedding, it's august 30th in seattle!

Gilly Funk said...

That seems like off of a movie. How fun, especially for the kids.

Shawn said...

I love it. That is so sweet. This story is so fun to read because I know all of the kids, including Tyson. :)

Rian Krommenhoek said...

I already heard about the great baseball afternoon before reading your blog because my nieces can't stop talking about it. You guys are awesome. Fantastic location by the park too.

Mary and Ryan said...

That is so cute! Perfect boy Dad!!The kids are going to be knocking on your door every day now!