Monday, April 16, 2007

Finished!

Hey folks, just wanted to quickly report on the 111th annual Boston marathon. Im still in Boston at the time but wanted to keep you posted and say a HUGE thanks for all the support. I was thinking about y'all the whole race! Well, with rumors of cancelling the marathon the day before, it still happened despite of the "nor easter" storm. (meaning, big spring storm on the east coast). The start was a little rough as my feet were soggy and numb and the rain and wind were pelting me from all sides, but some major answers to prayers happened the 2nd half of the run and the weather held up! I finished with a smile on my face at 3 hr and 53 min. (which is better than i thought i would do). I was so happy and have been so emotional all day! My sister and mom and mom-in-law spotted me at mile 24 and from then on, i knew i was going to finish a dream of mine! It was amazing and ALL i expected and more! Anyways, more details and pics to follow soon. Happy Monday and ill be homeward bound tomorrow (if our flights aren't cancelled).

P.S. apparently there was an article that ran today in the daily herald with my apperance. Check it out...www.harktheherald.com

13 comments:

Kara said...

GOOD JOB HUN! I TRACKED YOU ALL MORNING! (OK THAT DOESN'T SOUND NORMAL)

Natalie said...

You are AMAZING! I stalked you too! and saw your article in the paper. I am seriously speechless. Good Job.

The Ducketts said...

Linds you are awesome! I am not surprise at all at how amazing you did. I tracked you throughout the day and wondered if maybe when you get home you would want to run maybe uh a 5K with me?! Ha ha! Love ya girl!

Lindsey said...

I love you! Congratulations! We were watching you go and cheering you on and thinking about you all day! What an accomplishment Linds! Way to go!

Chelsea Anne said...

Congrats! I can't believe you did it even in the storm. You are amazing!

Lance and Becky said...

Yeah Lindsey! I'm so proud of you! That must have been so tough to run in, you're truly amazing! Wow! Great job Linds! You inspire me!

hayleyrowan said...

So Proud. I was checking the weather all day. It's amazing you were able to finish in those conditions. Way to go!!!

More Caffiene, Please said...

You are amazing. I tracked you all day and kept calling my mom to see if she'd talked to your mom along your route (she had). I've been telling everyone how great you did. Good job!! Now, more importantly (just kidding) how was H&M?

Barb said...

Congrats! I cant imagine what a good feeling it would be to complete somthing like that! Again, you amaze me.

mer and josh said...

So inspiring linds! I'm so proud of you to have traveled all that way and to have run in the rain and to compete against the country's best runners! I can't wait to hear all about it. I spent my day off wathing the marathon on TV, and tracing you online! Good job linds!
love mer

Jen Bird said...

I am so proud of you!! Your article in the Herald rocked!! You are awesome!!

Katie said...

Lindsey You are now my hero! Ha ha. I followed you too on you race. That article in the paper was good, it made me giggle a little when they said your dad's name is George

Kyrsten said...

Linds you really are an inspiration. Not only to run in those conditions but to get to check off something from your life list (I read the article). YOU ROCK!