Sunday, May 4, 2008

Healthy Tips

Another health post has come to my mind after splurging this weekend on cheescake, sugar cookies and coconut cupcakes (thank you Cjane).


Normally i follow these rules and i tend to get right back on the wagon...starting tomorrow.


1- actually measure out the right serving size of cereal and eat just that for breakfast. (its usually 1/2 cup). You will me amazed how about 6 frosted mini wheats is all you should eat. i could eat 6 bowls of cereal! serving sizes are for a reason, so try and follow them.

2- Instead of eating treats/sugar after every meal (like i used to do), eat sugar free jello with a spoonfull of fat free whipped cream on top...or just pop in a piece of sugar free gum. If you are chewing gum all day or sipping on water, you burn more calories keeping your mouth busy.

3- this one is huge....SKIP buying the junk at the store. If you don't buy it, you won't eat it.

4- Throw spinach or healthy foods into things. Spinach in fruit smoothies, shredded carrots and oatmeal in hamburgers and Zuchinni noodles. Actually taste pretty yummy.

5- always have healthy snacks on hand. Cut up carrots in the fridge, almonds in a jar, fruit salad in some tupperware, and always have the pitcher filled with water.


Hope these tips help you start your week off right!

and just a snapshot of the reg-ster and me for the road.

12 comments:

L'erin said...

I'm Brits friend/cool neighbor. You are as cute as it gets! I love your healthy tips, i've been smoothy-ing with spinach and its great. I had our 2nd baby on monday and your tips couldnt have come at a better time. I just want to print themoff and post them on my fridge!

Gilly Funk said...

I LOVE HEALTHY TIPS! I was so proud of myself last month for not eating sugar at all (except twice I cheated)
One of your tips was don't buy any junk food. We follow that rule! But somehow we ALWAYS end up with snacking opportunities. It's so frusterating.

JC said...

Brit,

I am a total stranger but you have a cool website and it is obvious you are thinking health for your family. My family has learned about a healthful sugar that everyone would use if they only knew. It is called trehalose and has a really clean taste and can be used everywhere regular table sugar is used. I have posted science and medical papers on our blog at www.endowmentmed.org

JC Spencer

Candice McWhorter said...

Hi Lindsey! It's Candice from the ward. You've got such a cute fam!

Ambrosia said...

You and I need to be friends woman! You are my kind of friend. I am a health nut too..this (among other things) is why I must feel so drawn to you! Great tips! Love them.

Steph said...

i love the healthy posts --- because i just created a deliciously healthy - very fast - easy easy meal to eat with salmon, rice, and zuchini, squash, and onions --- that was simply divine -- will post the pic soon -- and love the idea of spinach in fruit smoothie -- what else do you put in -- i need a recipe for that!
xooxox

Anonymous said...

good ideas!

jeannie said...

YEP! That cheese cake was good! I need to put all those tips to use especially the not buying the junk!
It was fun to see ya! Soon there will be some parties right!!??

Nikki Hansen said...

which category does diet coke land in?

Nikki Hansen said...

only 2 more days until our first annual mothers day retreat!!!!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

I love your healthy tips, one day I will follow all of them... Brooklyn begs to look at pictures of Owen all day, I think I just might have to put a picture of him up in her bedroom to stop the fussing :)

The Sandy Bottom Crew said...

I love the healthy tips! Have you tried going organic? It has changed my world:)