Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mika


So here is how it went down...


My sister and I ventured out to the big city (salt lake that is) to attend the MIKA concert. First of all, he is the BEST because of the following reasons-

-he wears super tight purple pants
-he is a total HENSON from the 80's with the shaggy hair and skinny legs
-he is a super alternative and hip european singer without being super popular...YET.

So the night went like this...we get there at 6:30 and wait in the freezing cold for 2 hours before they open the door to the venue (yes, the venue, Haley and I went clubbing without even knowing it). We made some cool friends however during our wait. All were drunk but super funny. (One in fact, was a 2nd grade school teacher). They asked to buy us drinks when we got inside but then said "oh wait, you have to be over 21". Um....well we hit that hump a while back. Anywho, after turning them down and saying our goodbyes, haley and I made our way towards the front (didn't make it all the way) and enjoyed the greatest show ever! The bands equipment didn't quite make it because of the snow but MIKA managed to throw down a pretty sweet acustic show! He will be returning to SLC another day because we were such a hip loud crowd. All in all, having soar breasts, tired legs from standing all night, and smelling of "club" was totally worth seeing MIKA perform for 45minutes.
For your sake and viewing pleasure check him out on you tube and fall in love like we did!

8 comments:

heather telford photography said...

You little party mammas!!! Sounds like an adventure but i bet its nice getting out once and a while!!

Jess Perry said...

Party animals...that is the way to be. What a fun and adventurous night! Plus a little sister-sister time. Sounds awesome and I definately have to check this guy out with tight purple pants!!

Haley Warner said...

Linds, there are some youtube vids from our special night.. search mika salt lake city and voila. :)

jeannie said...

Jealous Jealous!!!!!!!!!! How stink'n fun!!!! OK i want to know if you hear of him coming again.

fREnCh TrOSt said...

What a FUN night! I love concerts! You are very brave going with sore breasts...I hope you didn't get bumped too much. Ouch!

M to the E to the R to the I said...

COOL! Nate and I LOVE Mika. I am so bummed I had NO idea! Oh man. Sounds so fun. Yes, I am in for play dates, ANYTIME! my # is 787-7686 call me! I am still SO jealous about the concert.

Gasaway Family said...

I am so excited to find out every one has blogs! Yours is super cute, I have a lot to learn still about the blogging world. I would love to do the play group thing, let me know when!

Jen Bird said...

How fun! A night on the town with you sister!! I just got your comment and I'm bummed that I can't go to Jumping Jacks on Wednesday. I am in charge of a party for Devin's friends and it is seriously going to take every second, minute, energy I have or else I'd be there, next week or any other time...I'm in!