Saturday, June 16, 2007

Typical summer time...

Our Summer started with a bang! We spent most every waking hour this week painting, sanding, dusting, cleaning, moving...you name it, we did it to our house. Our red door is my favorite element. Brings a bit of spunk to the place.


2nd-ly, we enjoyed a sleep over with Cole and Will while eating popsicles, taking turns on the 4-wheeler, a little belly bumping and wrestling, then some cuddling.


Then the fun begins....my family (minus the husbands but including DAD of course) ran the Provo RiverWoods 10 miler race. The weather was a bit hot and the pancakes they serve every year with hot butter and syrup were just as much NOT appetizing as they are EVERY year. BUt overall, a great race with a few awards in the family for placing in our age groups!! Go fam- dam-ly.

Now to close the week, we give our attention to Big Dave. Happy Fathers Day Dad. You are great because-
1- you won ALL those medals around your neck.
2- You have ran 99% of ALL races with me.
3- You drink a gallon of milk a day which leads Tyson to believe you have huge muscles because of it.
4- You have the heart of gold and would do ANYTHING for ANYONE
5- You gave me my body type and a bit of my "white" personality
6- You take Owen on 4-wheeler rides to see the horsies everytime he asks
7- You can fix anything that breaks
8- You could have your own webpage called "ask dave" because you know everything!
9- You can make us all laugh with your jokes (like running into a door on purpose...get me everytime)
10- And last but not least, you hold the priesthood, can give us blessings, prepares awesome church talks and is the best dad on earth.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY.

7 comments:

alexis said...

yeah our house is in provo, in the tree streets, about 3 blocks east of the creamery on ninth & the subway intersection.

& i love your red door, i'm excited to see more!

mer and josh said...

Go Dave!
Hey linds, just wanted to say GOOD JOB on GETTNG FIRST!!!! I know we "tied" but I have a picture to prove you were FIRST by a few feet anyway! I'm going to post the picture and then we can swap awards -- I'm 2nd, your first. Thanks for the funnest run! we gotta get back into training.
Later!

Natalie said...

Love your front red door! You need to post more pics of your new place. I am so excited for you and your house! Congrats

RaEStoCo said...

Beautiful!! But, when do we get to see the rest of the house?! ;)

Barb said...

yea that you are in your new house! I have a thing for older homes, I think they have soo much character & charm to them. Love the door, I can imagine all the fun projects you have going on w/ your new place.

Jen Bird said...

I love the red door. I talked to Haley the other day and she explained where your place is. I can't wait to see it. We're going to the pool tomorrow if you want to go. I'll call ya

Katie said...

I love your red door too. When we lived in Tyler Texas there are tons of random houses with red doors, my husband and I made a game of finding red doors every time we went out driving. P.S. I love the 10 things about your dad! SO sweet.