Wednesday, May 27, 2009

copy cat

Steph and I givin a high five for our tshirts this year.

I took this straight from sisters blog but i couldn't have said it better myself. I love this girl. I look forward to kickin butt in the wasatch back ALL for her...

One of my favorite experiences from last June was the Wasatch Back race that I ran with my family and several great friends.
This year's team will be running in honor of our tough and unstoppable teammate from last year, Stephanie, who won't be able to run this year, but is planning on next year!! (Along with her hubby, Christian)
I am so thankful for Stephanie's example to all of us of facing adversity.. getting up every morning to a challenging situation, facing it and moving forward. She is truly inspiring and I thank her for helping me put things into perspective and teaching me how to gracefully deal with the challenges, oppositions and life changing events that have and will come my way.
"When it is dark enough, you can then see the stars"

6 comments:

Steph said...

I think this is a great post - and good luck on the run with all the hills (i think you said you are doing a part that is very hilly)! you will do awesome - and how fun to run in honour of a teammate! She truly is inspiring!

The Powells said...

You're awesome to be doing so many things, Linds. Glad you had fun in Seattle, I want to go back too! Good luck on your race, I'll be cheering you on from way over here!

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

sweeeeeeet. i will miss peeing in the bushes with you this year.

Tiffany said...

How cool! My friend asked if I would run in it but I am still getting back into running so maybe next year:) You'll do great! we went private so if you want to keep up with us you can email me at tibumb@hotmail.com and I'll add ya!

Jen Bird said...

That picture is so touching! I LOVED it! Good luck at the race!!

mer and josh said...

Wish I could be there, esp. since it is for Stephanie. Such a fun race. Good Luck.