Friday, June 5, 2009

bad luck

Does anyone ever have a huge spell of bad luck?? Well let me demonstate...
Within the past month here is a list of what has broken-
vacuum, computer, ipod, water heater, lawn mower, sprinkler and blinds.
Seriously, all in ONE month.
We are officially not going to disneyland this fall anymore. dang.
despite our bad luck, we have decided to just party. Afterall, it is summer.
Neighborhood parties have been a hit,
Owens graduation brought a small tear of proudness to my eye,
training for the wasatch back has been a pleassure as well as super invigorating and i haven't encountered any more mean dogs.
Sprinklers (the new ones) on the tramp and "mary pop-its"(as owen calls them...you know, those pop its you through on the ground during 4th of july time) have been an everyday activity. Playdates at the park with cousins and friends make me forget my problems
and temple trips with my cute young women humble me.
life is good folks, even with all the bad luck.






9 comments:

Steph said...

oh man - that is bad luck! WEll, hopefully that means you won't have anymore for another LONG while! You look beautiful, already sporting a nice tan i see - and it sounds like all is well in p-town! Maybe if i can make it out there this summer we can hit up 7 peaks with our little guys! xoxoox

Brent and Britta said...

GEEZ! That IS bad luck! I'm so sorry Linds. I hope the rest of the month looks up.

JEN said...

Well, it's official... you ARE the most positive person I know. It is nice to have people like you around. So sad about D-Town. Maybe there is something else we could do that would be JUST as much fun:) For expample- come out to SF and stay for FREE and we can go to SIX FLAGS! If you do it soon we really could go for free (we can take people with us with our season passes but only on weekdays in June) I know it sounds crazy but its only a 10 hour drive:) Think about it!

p.s. did we tell you about St. George? the house we will be in? we want you to visit... this fall!

Fuller Family said...

I am so sorry about D Land, but just know, you and the kiddos are always welcome to come and hang out with us in Vegas! We would love to have you guys, and I really think Owen and Reg would love the Shark's Reef! Seriously!! Especially since there is no McCall this year!!!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I am sorry about the string of bad luck, I have that stuff happen to me a lot, maybe not that bad though. You are more positive about it than I would be though!
On the running issue, I have no one to run with, and since having my baby I feel extremely unmotivated and its hard to run alone. I would love to get back into the long distance stuff though. Are you running the marathon?
That is awesome Meredith had a baby, I can't look at her blog since it was blocked but tell her congrats, what did she name him?

chadandsydney said...

thats my mom with the rootbeer!!haha they take that stuff everywhere. I was super bummed she did not call me about the block party,it sounded like a hit!! tell me next time would ya!

The Dumas Family said...

Bad things are only supposed to come in three's, geez! Sorry about that. Good luck with your running, I'm sure it will go well because you're awesome.

Leah said...

YES! So excited that we are now officially blog connected. Let's hang out for sure. In fact, want to come over for dinner on Sunday? Not just you.

I think our hubbies would be pals too.

The Dumas Family said...

Did your sister have her twinsies yet? I'm dying to find out how she's doing.