Monday, November 3, 2008

last half of october

We FORCED Owen (aka- captain hook. minus the hook...O is very particular) to go trick or treating this year. Grandma Luann and Grandpa Bart came to ease the pain. Lets just say, we made it to about 5 houses, then he wanted to get home and GIVE candy to trick or treaters. He hates stress and apparently trick or treating was too much for the little man.
To celebrate halloween festivities we carved pumkins and made witches brew at grandma leslee's and grandpa Daves house.

A little concern was had when Owen thought he had to drink witches blood (cherry 7-up) and eat eyeballs (ice cubes with blueberries in them). He warmed up to the idea and enjoyed it.


For preschool Owen went with his class to the pumpkin patch...along with ALL other preschools in utah county that day. I went to help out and got yelled at by some lady who thought Reggie should have been wearing socks. (it was 70 degrees that day). She didn't hide rolling eyes at me and accusing me of being a neglectful mother. I didn't buy it. I think im a good mom. :)



Owen has many neighborhood buddies and we LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are so dang cute. The other day, they all wanted to dress up pre-halloween and practice trick or treating...so they did. Here is Owen and little Alec (together these boys are trouble i tell ya!) dressed up as super heroes.

And here is the rest of the gang...some of them at least... jumpin on our community trampoline. Let me tell you, there is always someone jumping and always games to be played. Such a fun neighborhood to grow up in!









11 comments:

Steph said...

Looks fun! I laugh that Owen doesn't like stress and trick-or-treating was too much for him - but how nice he wanted to give treats out! We had a blast dressing up this year (you'll have to see our pic of my little buddy)...and ps. i come to town this wed. so we have to do lunch and stuff so I can introduce my little man to you!

Gilly Funk said...

How fun! Love the costumes. Don't ya just love halloween?!

Mary and Ryan said...

I can't believe that mean lady said that to you!!!!People like that should just stay at home and not leave! I love that Owen would rather hand out candy than get it. What a sweet kid. I like the idea for witches brew too, maybe next year:)

Tara said...

wow, get a life people! Referring of course to the sock lady. You're a great mom, regardless of what others think. Looks like a fun Halloween!

The Dumas Family said...

Owen looks so cute dressed up. You should have punched that lady in the throat and told her she needs to wear a turtle-neck now.

RaEStoCo said...

The nerve of that lady! It's not like you had him out in the snow! Some people just can't mind their own beeswax. You are a good mom!

jeannie said...

I will say that October is fun in Utah. Fall is so beautiful!! Looks like you had some fun times with your cute boys inspite of RUDE people that need to mind their own business!

Kara said...

do you want me to knit you a pair of socks? HAHA just kidding I don't knit! I do know however that I can not keep socks on my daycare babies!

Vanessa said...

Ok now I can't remember how I got to your blog BUT I wanted to say the same thing happened to me when at the barnyard boo animal farm thing. Maybe it was on the same day and the same lady! It was hot that day! Anyway, beautiful family!

Vanessa from inevergrewup.net

The Callaway Family said...

Lindsey you are such a good blogger! I still need a little more practice! The boys are such cuties and I can't believe Reggie is starting to walk!

hayleyrowan said...

socks? it's been like 75 degrees! cute pictures. owen's so sweet. cute idea with the brew.