Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In the midst...

of making some freakin cute Christmas stockings! More to come on that shortly...
stay tuned. you won't want to miss out.

Not much going on at our house...just getting siked for Thanksgiving. I'll be making my grandma's famous "yam soufle" that contains about 3 sticks of butter. Totally worth the calories. I will just need to work my booty off in spin this week.

Reg man and O are keeping me busy. Reg is walking all over town and bonking his head at every turn. O is reciting his alphabet song 24/7 and proud as can be about learning new letters in pre-school.

Christmas shopping is coming to a close for me. Im too impatient to wait till the last minute..or December for that reason. I hate crowds...so therefore, i get it done early. The Christmas tree is about to go up and i need some ideas for cute home-made ornaments. Suggestions welcome!

But seriously, some dang cute stockings coming your way!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Lindsey, I just made some cute homemade star ornaments out of sticks. You can even spray paint them whatever color you like and they were super easy. I went outside, gathered sticks, plugged in my glue gun and glued them together. Once they were dry I tied a red ribbon on them so I can hang them on the tree. Good luck!

LittleFamilyJL said...

I can't wait to get a glimpse of those upcomingly cute stockings! Good luck with homemade ornaments....here's an idea we did the first year we were married and didn't have a lot of cash:

We got out some old pictures (ours were color, but black & white ones would look great, I think), and got some jar lids (like you use for canning, ya know?) We cut the pictures in circles and put them in the lid, so the lid was the frame. Then we decorated the "frames" with different things like ribbon and such. It would also be cute to paint them and then distress them a bit....
There's a fairly cheap homemade ornament idea.
And if you do it with pictures of your kids, those will probably end up being their favorite Christmas ornaments for years to come!

Can't wait to hear about those stockings!