Thursday, November 6, 2008



A few things on my mind lately.


Have you ever been to a craft store and felt WAY overwhelmed? Holy smokes people...i used to go, pick up some cute 10 cent paper, a few stickers and be on way with confidence. Now-a-days there is just way too much to think about. AND paper is up to $1.99. What? I entered the land of stamps, stencils and de-cals today and left totally confused on what to do. But you know, i personally like the simple look. For me, who called myself a scrapbooker back in the day...until our basement flooded and ruined years of hard work...i now look forward to throwing my pictures in a photo album and feel good about using my sisters talent (she makes cute invites...but don't hit her up, she's totally busy).


Anywho....


another thing i realized while on my run today was that results come you least expect them. Let me explain. I started running when i was in 8th grade. I loved conditioning in basketball practice, i loved hershey track meets, i used to run home from high school. I ran my first marathon the year after i graduated high school and pretty much every year since then. Since i want to keep running when im 60, or walk for that matter, i figured i better save my knees now and do something a little less body grueling. I started doing sprints, running the stadium stairs, spin class and weight lifting. I finally feel like i am challenging myself and really like it. If any of ya out there feel like running gets too tedious, try mixing it up. Shocking your body is a great way to get results and get your heart really pumpin. And who knows, maybe i will run a marathon here and there, but for now, i like the 3 quick miles so i can get home and kiss my babies all day.


Another thing...


Getting up early is becomming more and more easy but staying up past 8:00 pm is getting harder and harder. Is the dark getting to anyone else?


I normally don't do this...ramble on about random things so feel free to skip this whole thing but..hey, sometimes i like to share whats on my mind. and BRITTA, here is a hair picture just for you. Its a little longer now and more mullety but i like it.

The end.

9 comments:

JEN said...

LOVE your hair!!! BTW we are officially in so we plan to play all the time!!:) Cant wait!

More Caffiene, Please said...

Love the hair, hate scrapbooking.

You and I have boys, therefore, we are exempt from doing them. Too cutsey anyway. Save it all for their wives I say!

Natalie said...

Your hair looks so dang cute...you can totally pull it off...sassy & sexy, very cute. Hope things are going well.

jeannie said...

2 words "digital scrapbooking", fast super cheap and you can use your paper over and over, print at costco, bada bing bada boom your done!! I will NEVER scrap book with real paper again! BTW ...SUPER CUTE HAIR!

Haley Warner said...

Love the random post.. so informative and everyone needs a random post now and then. Stay away from the scrapbook store unless you really need some scissors, but you can just get those as well as stickers from Dollar Tree.

Holly said...

I've been feeling the same about running lately. My hip has been killing me. For the last four years I've had it in my head that I needed to run 6-8 miles a day to feel good. That was fine til it hurt to stand up! I've started doing more weights, the rolling stair master, and xbike(which is like spin but the handle bars move). I like the change of pace.
Your hair looks really cute!

Kyrsten said...

I always have things on my mind, and need to share them to adults...Izzy just isn't in to what I am in to.
i love the hair. I want to cut mine like that, but I got bored the other day and cut bangs so I need to let those grow a little bit before I chop it all off.

Kristina Curtis said...

Love your post. Random is good! It's nice to know that you have toned the running down and can still look fab! Your hair looks great. p.s. would your very talented sister know of any good digital SLR photography or photoshop classes to take around here?

Brent and Britta said...

SO STINKING! ADORABLE! I am INSANELY jealous! Love the color too! I have decided to grow mine out for the winter (my neck gets cold!) but when I see your hair it makes me want to go out and invest in lots of scarves!!!