Wednesday, August 27, 2008

gma stan

happy birthday to my beautiful grandma thatcher. (or in Owen's words- grandma Stan). Have you ever seen a more gorgeous grandmother? She is loving, selfless, loyal, charitable and super adventurous. She still goes camping, rv-ing and road tripping with her very handsome cowboy husband (grandpa stan) and all her friends. I hope someday to inherit all her qualities! I love you grandma.

in other news today- our pet Catapillar Charlie has started his cocoon. Owen checks on him every 10 minutes so he doesn't miss the process. Since i won't let him have a 'real' pet in our house, charlie has become the closest it comes!
happy day.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi! I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog (I've lost track with the different ones I visit), but I have a (probably really dumb)question for you. Where did you get your pet caterpillar from, just outside in nature or was it some kind of kit or something? I think my 3year old boy would really LOVE to see the changes and have a "pet" of his own too! Please let me know.

Thanks - Stacey
csfish@roadrunner.com

Holly said...

We Love Grandma Thatcher too! She is the best most amazing Grandma ever!

Kass Martin said...

How sweet. I totally want to be the RV-ing type, that's so cool. That's Brian's dream right there. Traveling the US. I too did the caterpillar thing too. Dayne was obsessed-as was I. I watched our two caterpillars off and on throughout the day. I was totally fascinated. I watched one of them spin it's cocoon. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. It was so cool. I love the picture below on the "bored" post. Your little boy has killer looks, what a handsome guy.