Monday, July 7, 2008

Ode to the 4th



So i am like a kid on Christmas Morning when it comes to the 4th of July. I look forward to it every year and can't wait for all the activities. This year was extra special because Tyson did his first 5k! It makes everything nice to live at the starting point of the race.



Our day started with the 10k and 5k freedom run. Here is the fam after the race.

So proud of this guy! When's the next race Tys? Tyson woke up at 4 in the AM to stake out a spot on the parade route. He got there just in time (after getting cut off in traffic twice) to get a nice place on center St. Owen was amazed.
Reg didn't mind all the cheerleaders either.

After a few BBQ's and a little rest, we were ready for the stadium of fire. We took both the kiddos and it turned out way better than i thought. Owen was pumped to see Milee...as was Tysons little sis Courtney. It was good times!
The day after the 4th, we took a 4 hour nap and then attended the "culdasac of fire" at my sisters house. I love the warner bunch...and if you put together them with a little firework and "born in the USA" together, its sure to be a good time.
Happy 4th!


5 comments:

The Ducketts said...

How fun...the 4th is great. It is one of my favorites as well. Give Tys a big high five for me. I am impressed...next year all four of us can run together eh?

Jen Bird said...

Sounds like a great 4th of July!! I knew you'd be running in that race, and yeah for Tyson! I wish I would have watched the race in front of Danny's house so I could have cheered you on! Maybe next year.

Bryant S Atkinson said...

Hi Linds! I just saw your blog and wanted to say hello! You have the cutest little family! We need to get together sometime cause I miss ya! Your pictures are so cute and fun!

Kass Martin said...

How fun! There is nothing like the 4th of July in P town. I love how your boys have such different features. The contrast is so cute. Darling family. Good job running. I decided I am going to run the race before the parade next year. I hope I stick to it. I think it would be super fun and festive.

Mary and Ryan said...

Nothing better than the 4th in Provo! Im jelous you got stadium of fire tickets, I really like that Miley Cirus! Good job on the run!!