Tuesday, April 5, 2011

miss this...

(This picture was taken last summer and makes me want to cry...for a number of reasons)-

1. It is taken at our first home in my hometown of Provo, Utah...sad because we just sold it last week and i have been emotional about the whole thing.
2. My garden is so green and flourishing! I miss my garden....here in Vegas i have 4 jars in my kitchen window with herbs planted. that is all...the afternoon sun is too strong for anything to flourish (so i have heard...i may try to prove them wrong.)
3. Im hungary and baked squash with brown sugar sounds Delish right now but NO way ill pay 4 bucks for 1 right now.
4. Owen and Reg loved to help take care of our yard & garden. I loved that it taught them with patience, everything grows!
5. I miss my neighborhood and letting the kids ride bikes in the road with the neighborhood kids all day long shirtless.

Side note- we really do LOVE where we are now, its just hard to let go of such a great chapter in life and start a completely different one...know what i mean?
We are very happy and love our new friends and park days and preschool and walks and picnics and sunshine and beautiful mountains near. Things are good but would totally be better with a garden :)

5 comments:

Candice McWhorter said...

aw! miss your face lady! You just never will know that one person could make such a dent in a ward. Good to think about good times and good to move on right??
Good luck in your new chapter!

jeannie said...

It's so hard to leave behind so many good memories, been there done that. You need to do some investigating because you can grow a garden there!! When I was in Tucson I tried once and failed but I didn't have a drip system on my garden. If you have a drip system of some sort you could do it--maybe some big pots outside in the shade :) good luck!!
It was so fun to see you the other day! Good luck with baby!

robandkayla said...

Whoa! That zucchini is HUGE!!! Ya it's hard to move on sometimes.. Hopefully this new chapter has as many great memories :)

Haley Warner said...

awwwww... I miss that garden and house too.. good memories. The freedom run will never be the same now that we can't walk to your house for breakfast. :( Vegas is DANG awesome though.

The Dumas Family said...

He looks so cute in his baseball uniform, I love it! I'm glad your house was able to sell. I'm sad for you to see it go and understand what you mean about closing a small chapter in your life. I hope you're feeling well. Miss you!