Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sweet 16

For those of you who played high school ball with me, you know what i am talking about....right?
The dreaded 16 lines we had to run (under a minute mind you) when punished for missing a lay-up or goofing off in practice. Let me tell you, i remember the pain and the "wanting to throw up feeling from breathing too hard" feeling. Well why not relive that right?
Saturday we took the boys to the church and let them run free and get rid of their stored up energy while Ty and I shot around. I decided i would try my "sweet 16" just to see if i had still had the legs for it. Ty timed me with my phone and all those feelings came back. The jello legs, the wanting to throw up feeling...all of it. But i actually loved it. I felt tough for that one minute and ty loved watching the wind blow through my hair :)
Decision was made to come back to the gym every year and see if i can still do it.
anywho, thought i would share my goal. yeah for goals!

4 comments:

Steph said...

That's awesome Linds - and you always were good at lines as I remember! Funny thing, i was thinking about that too because I just got put in as YW bball coach, and made the girlies run 30 second drills - which I of course ran with them.....it is an awful feeling for the few seconds you do it - but the after feeling is well worth it - and I figured good extra training for my half marathon I am gearing up for! You are awesome..can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Megs said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH the days! yeah conditioning was never fun, in college it only got worse lol. but you were always good at it. I guess loving to run doesn't hurt much in that department. your so funny, I love that you push yourself all the time. i need to take a lesson from you! I love you and hope your doing good! Miss you

Fuller Family said...

The dreaded "Sweet 16"! Oh I miss those!:) I love that you tried running one again. You and your cute speedy legs! I may have to try one sometime soon and see if I can still make it!

lindseytamietti said...

oh my goodness i hated doing those!! I am setting a goal to be able to do that soon!