Thursday, February 19, 2009

Today

went like this...
7am- woke up, went to gym, came home just in time to kiss Tyson goodbye for the day.
8am-9amish- breakfast time, changed stinky diapers, and layered Owen because "mom im freezing" he says.
10am- head to target and pick up a few essentials. (ya know, baby shower gift, birthday gift, chocolate...what nots). "mom, im still cold." Owen says.
11am- put down Reg-man for a quick snooze and play disney games with Owen (who by the way is STILL cold).
Noon- wake up a sleepy baby and head to my presidency meeting with 2 of the most amazing women on earth (yep, its true...i love them). Reggie talked gibberish through the back door window at their dog while Owen laid on my lap because...he was cold. (remember how warm today was? I am starting to think something is wrong with the poor man).
1:30ish- I finally get home, we eat lunch and Owen is STILL cold. He is sweating. His temp is 101.9. We go lay down in my bed while watching tarzan. "mom, will you rub my forehead, it hurts." Owen is asleep within minutes.
between 3 and 3:30 there are always much appreciated knocks at the door as school is just getting out and playful kids are looking for some owen action. Sadly i turn them all away. Why isn't anyone coming over to play with me? hello. im fun too.
4pm- I welcome Tyson home with a kiss as i head out the door to school. Owen sleeps and Reggie sleeps.
8pm- Home from school after a quick stop at a baby shower on the way. Boys are asleep for the night. I kiss Tyson goodbye...again....while he goes off to play basketball.
Now i can finally think about things and hope my little Owen is feeling better as he dreams. I can think about how i saw Tyson 3 times today for split seconds at a time but love those split seconds. I can think about how life is great right now and i feel so fortunate to have family, education, and peace everyday.
It was a good day. (minus owen's cold-ness)

3 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Sorry I missed the call this morning, but now it sounds like a good thing. Hope Owen feels better.

Steph said...

like it - and for the record, i felt cold all day too yesterday! glad life is so great!

The "O" Clan said...

Hey guys,
Fun reading your blog. Ours is:
tlolsen.blogspot.com if you want a peak.