Tuesday, January 27, 2009

never too late...

To learn.
Did i mention how much i LOVE school?!
Well, i do!!
My classes are finding me with my jaw wide open and bug eyed. I am learning some pretty darn cool stuff.
I just returned form my environmental health class where we learned about all sorts of toxins.
Don't worry, i won't get all "environmental" on you. I still drink out of plastic water bottles.
FYI; don't eat apple seeds.

So my classes are as followed-
Anatomy. I actually really like it. Its hard. It takes alot of time. But i LOVE learning about our bodies. I take this one on-line so my kids can jump all over me while i learn about my muscles.

Nutrition in the food industry.
Did you know that government have been reviewing a bill to have restaraunts put all the nutritional value of the foods they serve on menus.
Genious! Love the idea. Also, online class.

Epidemiology. I get to learn all about diseases and how they happen and how they effect the body. I would like to be epidemiologist someday. its really cool stuff.

Environmental Health.
Its super interesting and is going to make me super anal at the same time. Toxins are all around us. its scary, but hey...we can't live life in fear right?

6 comments:

Steph said...

I love health stuff too - the classes sound awesome! Glad you are liking it!

Kara said...

I am so proud of you. YOU ROCK... keep passing on the knowledge!!! MISS YOU!

Megs said...

Oh Linds! How cool! what are you getting your degree in? did you know i am an epidemiologist? I know weird huh, just with an odd subject lol. but that is my official title. lol. OHHHH gotta love disease! :) miss you!
megs

Haley Warner said...

You're so smart.. I'm glad someone in the family is going to completely finish school.. we'll have a HUGE party for you. :)

Gilly Funk said...

Good for you Linds. I remember taking those classes. I wish I loved school as much as you do.

LittleFamilyJL said...

Way to go going back to school! You're amazing.
It sounds quite interesting too. Maybe if you share all you're learning, I can vicariously earn a degree. :)