Friday, December 12, 2008

So i try to stay away from the Clique type blogging. Which means, i have a hard time coming up with cool, original ideas on what to blog about. I stay away from "baby blow-outs in the diaper", "how awesome and hot my husband is and how he is THE BEST husband in the world," the "midnight showing of opening twigh-light night" (mostly because i didn't see the movie...and (gasp) i have not read the books), or My childs percentiles at his latest dr appointment. I guess i feel like readers of my blog (all 10 of you maybe) don't really care about that stuff. I have tried to stay away from making this a journal type thing because i like to write in the comfort of my own bed on a piece of paper out of a book (like the old fashioned way).
But dude, sometimes there is a time to post a bragging post and so here it goes. This is totally blog-worthy....

We received a knock on our door yesterday at 8am. I was stirring pancake batter still in workout clothes with a sweaty headband covering my forehead of pimples ( i swear i already graduated high school...why is this still happeneing?). Anywho, it was a pleasant nice lady with a letter in her hand. I will paraphrase;

Dear Tyson and Lindsey Mackay,
You have been nominated for the best "festive light display" in the foothill area. Please come to the city council meeting and recieve an award and a token of appreciation.

Then the nice lady beaming says, "you also get to shake hands with the mayor."
You can understand how excited Tyson was about this. He puts alot of time and energy into his beloved Christmas lights. In fact, i thought to get his attention i would wrap myself in lights so he actually talks to me between the hours of 5:45pm and 9:30pm.
Tyson took the letter to school (probably for show and tell or something) and then to work. We are excited to go the meeting and recieve our award!! Dad will be there video camera and all!

That is totally blog worthy right?
Merry Christmas.

14 comments:

Steve and Carly said...

Oh yes, my dear!! Congratulations, I marvel at the beautiful display when I go to hike the Y. Brag all you want- you are actually for real. Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

That is total blog worthy and bragging rights - your light show IS AWESOME...i love it and love that you get an award for being so festive and spreading holiday cheer....i also like the bragging ones about husbands and kids....maybe not the twilight ones tho (i read them but haven't seen movie yet)....anyhooo - I am finally getting my staircase finished today with the greens/lights - i know, a little late but I still want to set it up! I love all your posts!

Dave said...

Tyson is my hero right now, Xmas light STUD of Foothill neighborhood. However, watch the amps and voltage and always remember:

Resistance = R x [1 + (x (Temp-75)]

CONGRATULATIONS!!

luv ya
PaPa Dave

Erica said...

I am so very excited for you both! My dad told me that it was his dream to have something like that happen to him so he is very excited that its happening to his only boy!! I am sad I work that night so I can't come. Love you guys!!

Barb said...

Blogworthy indeed. What a great award! I love that you held a little neighborhood party for the lighting of your house.

heather telford photography said...

Okay cangrats to Tyson, but i was more excited to read that you (gasp) never read twilight!! I didnt either and everyone, EVERYONE I know always gets on my case for it!! Ha! Ha!! there is someone else in the world that isnt obsessed with it like me!! Way to be Linds!!

Kara said...

Awesome I still have to come see them! Maybe for our christmas eve drive! Don't worry I just read the series and well I wasn't very impressed I just read them so I could go see the movie! LOVE YA!

The Powells said...

you and Tyson are the cutest couple ever. I wish I could see your lights - congrats on having them be the best!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Totally blog worthy! That's awesome

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

PS where do you live, we'll have to come drive by. Email me your address. lancekara@gmail.com

The Dumas Family said...

WAY TO GO TYSON! That's very impressive.

hayleyrowan said...

that's a funny post. make sure to get a picture of tyson with the mayor and blog that! excited to see you guys tomorrow night! - ps thanks for not posting about blow outs and percentiles. i really do appreciate it.

M to the E to the R to the I said...

Congrats! Any guy would like it if their wife wrapped themselves in lights, as long as that was the only thing they were wrapped in. Wink wink.

allegra said...

that is way cool!!! your hubby must be proud !
p.s. i like to hear all about hubbies and kids too, so never fret to blog that stuff either. those who don't like it don't have to partake:)

reading your blog makes me happy. and how cute are those stockings you whipped up?! adorable missy.