Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Has-been

I got to play a "has-been" the other night after a friend of mine asked me to play in the alumni basketball game. We played the varsity girls. I realized how much i miss basketball. city league will never match up to the excitment high school ball brought me. Here is our alumni team or in other words "the has-beens" as the announcer liked to call us.


"Go oldies!"

Checkin out our winning award! Yes, we beat the varsity girls by 1 point at the buzzer.

Me, Melissa and Mindy. My team-mates from day 1. I miss playing with them. I felt like a high-schooler again. I thought life couldn't get better but then i looked up in the bleachers and saw my mom, husband and 2 boys and thought "life has been good to me!"
Live on THS basketball, live on!

7 comments:

Steph said...

I am SO jealous - how fun to get to play in the uniforms, at THS, and in the new gym....if only I coulda been there and been a part of it! I miss those days - but i agree - then you look at where you are now, with your own family and realize life gets even better!!! I still miss intramurals tho - love bball!!!

Megs said...

Oh linds! thats so precious! sorry I couldn't make it, I really did have conflicting plans. but the fact that I really didn't wanna play might've played a lil role in that too. lol. but it does make me miss it a lil. I kinda got chills looking at the pictures. :( love you!

nancy said...

Look at you go. Good thing you guys won. Show all the young girls how its done.

Meliss said...

ok you posted it much better than I did! I agree- the best part of the night was seeing our families in the stands. Maybe I'll give in and head up a city team for all of us....

Anonymous said...

hi linds
my sister is going to start seeling them after christmas. she is getting all set up right now. the adults are going to be 30 i think, and children 20. i will let ya know when shes up and running.

Meg said...

Fun!! I wish I could do that. I'm just never home in Washington anymore around the time that they do have the alumni games. Way to go! That's sweet you beat the varsity team. :)

Candice McWhorter said...

okay, so basketball, sewing, running, cooking...is there anything you can't do? You're amazing!