Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Momma



SO basically since the day i was born, i wanted to be like my sister. She was so cool. In junior high her and her friends would lock themselves up in her room and laugh and video each other singing and dancing...and i was outside that door listening. I watched her get ready for prom and admired how pretty she was and wished i could wear a white, sparkley, sequenc-y, shoulder padded prom dress myself. I remember mostly everything about her life. its funny, because i think i remember more about her high school stuff than mine. I always snuck into her room before school while she was sleeping so that i could wear something out of her closet without her knowing. I felt just as cool as her...in her clothes. We used to have sunday night journal writing night. We would go up in her room, write in our journals and listen to fm100. I looked forward to that night every week. When i was a little older, she would bring me on dates with her and i would meet her boyfriends and we would become a 3-some. I would go everywhere with her....and her boyfriends. I was on cloud 9. She would dress me up, do my makeup and make me model while she took pictures of me. My point is, till this day, i have always looked up to my sister. She is so talented all around. She really is my best friend and i am so happy we live so close to one another and have each other to talk to daily.
Haley got some fun news this past week...she is going to have TWINS in June. Haley is the best mom in the world...really, she is. She is patient, fun loving and committed to her kids no matter what. I have called her numerous times crying because i feel like a failure of a mom sometimes (like we all do at some point..i think). She always gives me the best advice. I look up to her more than i ever have growing up. She has so many good ideas and activities she does with her kids and i always copy her ideas. What kind of sister doesn't share right??
This Christmas she has made a chain and attatched a Christmas activity to do daily with her kids. She is also reading them a scripture each day to go along with Christmas. This is yet another idea i am stealing from her.
The list includes,
making christmas cookies, seeing the candy windows, temple square, visiting a neighbor with a treat, making hot choco and popcorn, watching a chrismas movie, reading a chrismas book, visiting relatives we never see, 12 days of christmas....
I know my sister would do anything for me and my kids and i hope she knows i would do anything for her and her kids. They are like mine.
Thanks sister for letting me admire you and for sharing all your ideas with me. When those 2 little babies come i will be there to take over your spot as super mom whenever you need me.
i love you.

12 comments:

More Caffiene, Please said...

Ditto on the "Haley is the greatest." I thought you were going to talk about how you used to admire her until she got pregnant with twins, but, true to your sweet nature, you did not. You guys are the best! And you're SO LUCKY to have a SISTER!!!

Haley Warner said...

Okay I am crying right now.. so sweet. I wish I were as awesome as you make me sound.. I will try and live up to those very nice words. You know I'll be leaning on you big time in about 6 months. :) Love your buns.

Barb said...

That is the sweetest post about your sister. I wish I could just copy and paste your exact words into my blog. I have a sister 5 yrs older than me that I feel the exact same way about. Her boyfriends were also my (pretend) boyfriends, and we also went around like three somes.

Mary and Ryan said...

You two are so cute. What a sweet post, how lucky you are to have eachother, and those twins are going to have the best Mom and the best Aunt Ever:)

Meg said...

This is such a sweet post. You remind me of what I was like towards my older sister back in the day, except I was probably a little more annoying. I constantly "borrowed" my sister's clothes without her knowing. :) Congrats to Haley! She will be great I'm sure.

Kara said...

You my dear are an amazing mom. You were such a cute prego mommy with little o. Remember how lucky you are to have a sister and that you both are great! Also I think your mom was a great example! LOVE YA!

Kyrsten said...

That is so cool that is having twins...CONGRATS. I always wish I had a sister to do stuff like that with. Instead I always had to dress up my little brother, poor guy.

RaEStoCo said...

So sweet Linds. You've got me all choked up. You're an awesome sister, mom and friend.

Rachel and Jason said...

Great post :) It made me smile. Haley is just one of those people you instantly like. Congratulations to her, and you, auntie! That is SO exciting...fun, fun, fun.

Jessica said...

Lindsay, I love your blog, YOU are such a sweet sister! It's so strange and awesome to see you as a grown-up and as a mom because you were like six the last time I saw you (the good old 5th North days).

Your kids are adorable and you are HOT!

I have 14 month old twin sons and can't believe Haley is also having twins, totally exciting. She is lucky to have such a supportive family around to help when the baby babes come!

Jessica
(Haley's elementary school bff)

Tiffy!! said...

You two are so lucky to have each other. I wish almost everyday that I had a sister to be this close with.
I'm so excited for the newest additions to the famy-dam-ily.
YEAH to Haley!!!

The Dumas Family said...

TWINS - holy cow!!! Tell her congratulations!!! You're lucky to have each other. That is a very nice tribute to her. I love your family pictures. I look forward to seeing the Christmas card each year.