Thursday, October 11, 2007


So thanks for all the advice with my little monster. I promise he isn't out of control...just a little energetic at night time. Maybe its because Owen and I share a little bowl of cereal before bed and he eats all the marshmallows out of my marshmallow maties! Speaking of, i made caramel apples the other night and of course Owen licked the caramel off and ditched the apple part. Which brings me to my next question....
HOw do you get your kiddies to eat healthy foods? He won't eat anything! Veggies are out of the question, fruit on a occasion, noodles...heck no. what to do?

7 comments:

hayleyrowan said...

I'm no mother but I did just watch Oprah with Jerry Seinfields wife and her new cook book about feeding your kids healthy food. She purees veggies and hides them in the mac and cheese and chicken fingers. get on oprah.com and read about it. I thought it was a good idea.

JEN said...

Yep- it was a good idea! I went out and bought the book and started immediately! I am the same way- Bridger eats cheese crackers and fish all day long! I am starting today with the purees and whatnot. We'll see how it goes!

Brent and Britta said...

I've read all about that book and hear it's great. It's called Deceptively Delicous. My sister-in-law swears by it.

Vanessa Jane said...

I agree, it is really hard to feed your kids healthy. I just keep trying though. Those carmel apples sure look delicious though!:) I love the oprah idea!

Kyrsten said...

Grind them up and hide them in your food. Like those yummy oatmeal hamburgers you made...add some chopped carrots.

Kennell's said...

okay - get the Jessica Seinfeld book!! We LOVE IT!!!!

Jess Perry said...

I mix veggies in with Bryn's food. Like she loves Mac & Cheese and I will add peas, carrots or corn. Or Quesadillas, I will add avocado or tomotoes. I sneak them in there when she refuses to eat them.