Monday, December 4, 2006

A week changes all...


Another sunday had come and gone until we get an invitation to visit the bishops office. Bishopric member- "So, we are here to give you a new calling". Us- "Great, throw it at us." Bishopric member- "How do you feel about the nursery?". I then take a horrified glance at Tyson only to see nothing but sugar plums dancing in his head. It was smiles all the rest of the day. A week goes by and Tyson axiously awaits the hour of 10:00am when he finally gets to be in kiddie heaven. The nursery doors open and all i can see is a cloud of perfectly round, wet bubbles, the smell of fishy crackers and the rickety rack of trains and cars that have been in that room since 1982. Of course the children flock to Tyson and i am feeling a little out of my element. Its tough going from the array of tears and visiting teaching fliers of the relief society to squeels and saggy diapers of the nursery. Little did i know my attitude was about to change. "wead me dis book"? Sydney asked with full hope. I turn the pages to see a picture of the salt lake temple. "whats that"? I ask with obviousness she won't be able to answer my question. "its da temple, its where i get maorweeed". Syndey answered as she touched her denim dress over her heart. What a difference a week can make!

No comments: