Monday, June 14, 2010

Sigghhhhh....Someday..... my kitchen will look like this. Right now it is full of boxes, crumbs on the floor and empty holes in the wall from previous owners remodeling disasters.
Yep, we are moving.
Im sad, excited, nervous and confused.
My kids have great buddies here, I have great buddies here and I sincerely LOVE my neighbors.
A wonderful family will be moving in, in about 2 weeks.
We will be moving in with my awesome in-laws for 6 months (and when i say awesome. i mean it. You should be all be jealous ;)) until we take on our new adventure in Las Vegas.
I still cannot muster up the courage to say "I live in Nevada". It doesn't fit.
Hopefully we will find friends and fun there too however.
I can say i am overly joyed to be heading towards the sun.
Yesterday on a June afternoon when i had a sweatshirt and pants on i knew i was ready to move somewhere sweltering.
I LOVE the sun.
Even if it shows on my face and shoulders, i don't care. It gives people character i think.
So for now, i will spend my time eating popsicles on our porch
jumping on our trampoline
and spending lots of time with friends...
Until i remember that i have a house to pack up and move.
:)

6 comments:

JEN said...

Oh man. Moving does stink! Even though we move all the time... and I call myself an old pro... I still hate it. The packing up part. I enjoy unpacking. Until you get down to the last boxes full of random stuff that you don't really ever use. Those end up in a closet until the next time we move:) Save myself the trouble, I say.

But you WILL live in Nevada. You WILL love it:) And the best part... it is REALLY close to Utah! And that drive really isn't bad. I made it with a 3 week old baby and a 3 year old. By myself. You can do it too.

But the best news of all... St. G is SO close!! YAY!

k, my REALLY LONG comment is over.

JEN said...

p.s. (I guess I lied... my comment wasn't over:) when your kitchen looks like that... can I move in with you? I have a feeling mine may never look like that.

Tara said...

OK, I am a total blog stalker. Found you and your sister through a mutual friend (Megan Sagers...not sure what her maiden name use to be). Anyways, just ran across your blog again and read your news about moving to Vegas. I am from Vegas - born and raised (right now in Midway, UT though for a bit) but just wanted to let you know Vegas is FULL of really nice people. The LDS community there is huge and lots of young couples.

Just curious...what side of town are you moving to? Anyways, I bawled when we moved away for school because I was leaving behind so many good friends and I am sure you will make those great friends there too. Best of luck!

The Dumas Family said...

Sorry you're having to pack up and move. That's never easy. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so the kids can play outside and you can work inside. Can Owen come to Laney's summer party on June 26th at 12:00? With a Christmas birthday she doesn't get to have a birthday party so we're renting a jump jump and having a few friends over. No gifts, just come play and eat some hot dogs and stuff. Let me know if you can make it and I'll give you the address. We're having it at Cole's parents house.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

hope I get to see you before you ship out. You will find wonderful new neighbors to love no matter where you go. your family is so easy to love.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

I saw some stuff about the Wasatch Back and wondered if you were there running it again with your family. I was down in Provo that weekend and missed seeing your smiley face.