Thursday, April 30, 2009

Seriously awesome update

ive been totally pre-occupied with finals, kids, weather...you know, the usual. Ive been neglecting my beloved blog and for all 3 of you who look at it, for loyal fans i thought i would give you a seriously awesome update!!
When it was uncontrolablly snowing for a week in april, we got stir crazy and took the kiddos with some cousins to the sandy aquarium. It was fun, small and quick...but a fun outing.

This is a preview of what our house/yard looks like on a sunday day at 3:00 in the afternoon. Im telling you, this neighborhood is the best and stacked with the most awesome, playful kids around town!! I have had to stock up on red popsycles for afternoons like these. Of course Owen loves it. He has so many cute little friends!
In the midst of the craziness, i managed to plant my garden. I planted Pumkins indoors and they are now taking over my window-sill. I also planted carrots, beets, snap peas and squash by seed. Our dirt is apparently like candy because they are already growing like crazy! They are like my little babies....i love gardening, its ridiculous!

Tyson and I both finished up finals this week. Some went well, some not so well, but at this point...lets just get a passing grade and move on right? 1 semester down, 2 to go. Tyson will be going to school all through summer and im not willing to give up my seven peaks and park days, so ill be spending all my summer days with my boys.

Tonight, since it has been 75 degrees today, we took the boys to hike the Y. I am in prime training season getting ready for the wasatch back. This year i have the ragnar hill, or one of those big hills..so ive been training by running up to the Y. anyone want to come? Its much funner with company. The boys loved throwing rocks and Owen was just excited that he was able to see seven peaks from the top.

Overall, life is fabulous right now. The weather has made us all much happier that we are able to go outside and play with friends. I started going "sugar-free" to see if it helps me gain more energy and be less tired. Hardest thing ever, but worth it. I do actually feel MUCH better. Sister had to do it because of her twinners and pregnancy, so i am right along there with her eating our sugar free puddings!

6 comments:

heather telford photography said...

you have the Ragnar "MOUNTAIN" you cant call it a hill!! It is so long and dusty and steep!! You will rock it! I would never be brave enough!!

JEN said...

That WAS an awesome update! We miss you guys already! Bridger and Owen sure had some fun times the last couple of days we were there!

The Ducketts said...

how fun...Brig and I really do need to come do the Y. So explain...do you run up and Tys brings the boys or did you all just walk up? That is a serious workout to run up...heard Jesse is on your team...good luck with that hill. Fun to hang out the other day-we will do it again soon. I only work wed and fri this week!

Jen Bird said...

I love whenever I'm wondering what you're up to, with the click of the mouse, I can see a little update! I'll always be your loyal fan! ;) Glad finals are over for you! You deserve a nice break!

The Dumas Family said...

Way to go on school. Finals aren't meant to be fun, just survived. I'm glad you're taking the summer off - - it will recharge your batteries for fall. My kids love the "fishies" there - we'd love to go with you next time. Good luck running to the Y and the no sugar thing, if you need me I'll be running to the Iceberg by my house.

Steph said...

you go girl! been too long since i last talked to you! good luck with the training! better you than me.......i am just trying to finish and complete my next half marathon next weekend! more hills! aaah!