Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bed-ridden & Bored

In my current state right now i am breaking the rules...
Let me update you-
Yesterday i woke up, its a regular day and Owen and i wizzed through our daily activities. Built a snowman, watched the snowfall bury our snowman, cleaned up the house a bit, played a few card games and stayed warm inside. Something strange was happening however. It was 11am and i hadn't felt like eating breakfast yet. Not my usual feelings. I wake up craving my frosted mini wheats..but not today. 4:00 rolls around and i am feeling So dizzy, even laying down doesn't drown out the thumping of my heart rate...its fast. I remember my doc saying that when i feel dizzy to come on in and get my blood pressure tested-
I did- after all day of no appetite and light- headedness. I didn't want to face the snow covered stratus but Owen and i braved the snow and headed out.
to make a long story short-
my blood pressure was exremely high which put me in the hospital for a few hours last night to be monitored and tested for few things. The outcome is PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension/ preeclampsia...sounds much worse than it is).
So right now i am breaking the rules because i was put on strict bed-rest by the doc. I am allowed to "sit up" to eat, get up to pee and get up for a "brief" shower. Other than that, i am bed-ridden to my left side. BORING. Sitting up fills like heaven right now.
Anywho, if any of ya'll feel like playing games or chatting, come to visit. I have an appt first thing monday morning. Lets hope for some change because i don't know if i can do this for 2 1/2 more weeks.
I am catching up on reading...if any of you have some good reads, fill me in! Ill keep you updated and until then, ill be stuck on my left side.

18 comments:

Tara said...

Gripes! That sounds like NO fuN! One of my biggest fears when I was prego was being put on bed rest! At least you're only a few weeks away! But hang in there. I read a TON and love books! Here's some recent faves:

ANY book by Nicholas Sparks! (mushy love stories)
The memory keepers' daughter
The secret life of bees

I'm also a sucker for the LDS fiction novels. There are some good romance ones out there or mystery/suspense! Just check out Deseret Book!

Brent and Britta said...

Hey lefty! That sounds like no fun! I know tons of good books... or you can always catch up on the Office ;) Take it easy! (literally)

Vanessa Jane said...

oh that just stinks! I feel for you right now! I just sat there and complained on my last blog about being sick. I am sorry. I just want to come over there and help you. (if i wasn't 2hrs. away and sick too). what in the world do you do with owen? aspen and I have been homebound for almost a week and I am going nuts. you are a trooper for having to be bed rest. hopefully that babe will be a pure angel. and yes we are still having a surprise, although I have really thought about finding out. I feel so unprepared to bring a baby home. I am going to try to stay strong! by the way about good books- I worked at an elementary school for almost 5 years so I am a sucker for childrens lit. or juvie novels. one of my favorites is the lois lowry books.they are called, the giver, gathering blue and the messenger. they all interlink to one another. they are wonderful. also, there is princess acadamy by shannon hale. Esperanza rising by pam ryan. and one last one, Listening for Lions, I can't remember the author though. anyway, hang in there! I guess, enjoy the down time. (if you can)

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Oh I feel your pain and I would never wish it on anyone! I just read a really sweet book called The Gift by Richard Paul Evans- you could also get started on Becoming Babywise and Becoming Toddler Wise :) XO

Haley Warner said...

Hey Lefty! I love it, Britta! So....... how's it goin? How's Owen? Is it snowin? Your belly growin? Oh, enough. Are you bored yet? Call me.

Mary and Ryan said...

That is such a bummer!! I hope you are feeling ok! Way to break the rules to blog!! James Patterson books are very entertaining and would make the time go by faster...

Unknown said...

Oh, you poor thing!! I was on bed-rest during my last month of pregnancy.. booooring. I ended up misbehaving and walking around after flushing my system with water (trust me, I don't recommend that, I was a swollen ball of fluid!!). Anyway, I don't remember how I found your blog but I love it! Have you read the Harry Potter books? Love those. Have your hubby raid the library for tons of easy chic lit reads and take your pick :)

heather telford photography said...

Thats awful!!! I'm glad your okay though!! Have you husband get you a nintendo DS they are so fun!! I play it all the time!!

jeannie said...

I'm feeling a bit sad for your right side getting no attention...... HI right side!!
That really bites....good work following your instincts and getting into the doc!
I heard Hillary Clinton has a good book out you should check it out : )

mer and josh said...

Linds, I'm so sorry. that sounds awful for an active gal like you. I wanted to ask you about wasatch back relay, but we'll talk in a month ;) One thing that might help the time pass.. ask Tyson to play make and brake with you-- p.s. that is mine and josh's favorite game thanks to you.

mer and josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

oh honey i remember you going through this with owen!!! Email me your address if you get super bored! hang in there! LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

oh you poor dear!!!!
what are you doing with Owen? If at any time you want him to come over and play PLEASE let me know, Christian would LOVE it! Im just around the corner.

hayleyrowan said...

poor linds. at least its snowy and miserable outside, so stay warm and cuddled up.

jeannie said...

Clarification: OK Mary thought it sounded like I really liked Hillary Clinton's book. It was a JOKE!! I wouldn't read it if someone paid me a million dollars. OK maybe I would for a million but then I would have to take a shower. :)
Hope you're having a better day today Linds.

Malia said...

No fun! I had the same problem with my number two. And when you're not the kind of girl that sits around all day...it's extra super tough. Plus with the little one running around...the house is his playground. Hope things turn out right!
Malia Hoyt (rachel roberts)

http://www.hoytohana.blogspot.com

Jess Perry said...

I know how you feel...that is me. Pretty much down and out. Isn't it so sad though when you little one wants to be picked up and loved by mommmy, you can't. I will be glad when number two is out...bet you are too!

~Denise~ said...

Hang in there!