Friday, December 14, 2007

Favorites

I realize i haven't done many "belly shots" and i am OK with that. In fact, i feel silly asking the hubbie or the 2 year old to "take a picture of me and my belly....and be sure to get me in the shot honey". Although, I had a conversation with my talented sister Haley (the almighty photographer) about doing a little private photo shoot of me and my belly. I am still trying to think if that is relevant or not. Until i decide, you get to see another view. Besides the fact that my belly is protruding over my skirt, i want to give a shout out to Leggings!
Leggings- oh how i love thee. Let me count the ways. First, you keep my legs warm in the wintertime. 2, you look fabulous and fun with any kind of skirt. and 3, You are comfy and stretchable and don't make indents into my ever stretching skin like jeans do. Leggings, you are a definate favorite of mine.

ANother thing to celebrate besides leggings, is the fact that finals are over. I actually have 1 more tomorrow morning. Its a yoga final. I will study all about primary serious and sun salutations tonight...but im not too worried. Today Owen and i celebrated the fact that i can finally stay home again and entertain him all day. Although this was our conversation this morning.
Owen- "Grandma comes to pick up Owie and we go to her house. and Mommy goes to school."
Me- "Nope, im done with school and i get to stay home and play with you."
Owen- "No, grandma comes to pick up Owie."
Me- sigh- my child likes his grandparents better than his mom. "No, ill stay home and we will do fun things ok?"
Owen- "like go see the lions and eat candy canes?"
Me- "sure sweetie."

So...that is what we did. We took a trip to the bean museum and made about 4 rounds throughout the entire place, picked up a candy cane on the way home, watch the little mermaid, made a spinach smoothie (his favorite...and i even added carrots this time) and built a castle with blocks.
Its good to be home in my leggings.

7 comments:

The Fab Fabian Life said...

You are too cute! Congrats on finals being over- what a relief! Lucky you have such cute legs so you can wear leggings and your ankles don't look swollen- YEAH!!! Make sure you have your sis take your picture- you will never regret it! Have fun playing with Owen!

jeannie said...

You are so cute with your leggings and your precious prego belly and your cute family. Good work getting those finals done and I'm starting to believe that you are super woman and I'm also excited that I will get to see you and your new baby sometime soon : )

Mary and Ryan said...

Congrats on being done with finals!!! Good work on getting your 2 year old to eat a spinach smoothie, not a small deal!! D wont eat anythink that doesn't contain sugar.

Mary and Ryan said...

Oh, and you should totally do a belly shoot with your sister!

Barb said...

Congrats of finishing your finals!
That is the cutest picture. I have an almost identical one from my pregnancy with Austin. Well, minus the cute lil belly you have, the normal looking toes, and the leggings. I have yet to try leggings out. You might have just inspired me to do so.

Tara said...

You've got just the legs for leggings! My stubby ones wouldn't look so hot-prego or not! Glad your finals are done and you can be with your fam :)

Barb said...

Linds I realized i left you off my list! Email me at barbaracatron@gmail.com so I can add you to my blog (its a private one now).