Monday, September 10, 2007

A long weekend...

In the midst of a beautiful day spent in Logan Utah at a friends wedding, i had the urge to get home and see what progress was made on our "add on" to our house. We got out of the car and heard what sounded like a waterfall in our basement-cellar. Sure enough, we opened the door and 3 feet of water was present while every box (filled) we own was floating here, there and everywhere. In our panic-ness to save our memories and items, Tyson was up to his chest soaked pushing boxes up a flight of stairs. Anywho, to make a long story short...we have salvaged most our belongings (minus a few yearbooks, scrapbooks and journals...). Pictures are to follow. I couldn't help but think of those affected by hurricane katrina. I was sad memories were gone for me, but at least no loved ones. What a relief. It always takes something like that to realize your blessings.
Thanks Gma Patty, Gpa Henson, Mom, Dad and Bart for your late night appearance and help!

15 comments:

Steph said...

How sad -- but I think your outlook on it was exactly right --- it makes us grateful for safety and that we didn't have to be in hurricane katrina. I am excited to see you in a couple of months --- and hey, enjoy the beautiful fall leaves, football games, and crisp cold air that I love so much about Utah (running is great in fall). I love the weather there and am missing it today. How you feeling?
xoxoxoxo

The Powells said...

SAD! I can't imagine what I would have done had it been me! It's good that you were able to save almost everything. Good luck with it all!

JEN said...

I was on the verge of tears, not only for the happenings but your courage and perspective! I am always amazed! Sorry to hear that!! We can't wait to see you guys down here in the AZ sun!!!

More Caffiene, Please said...

I'm so sorry for you. You are so positive! I can't wait to see the, um, pics...

Lance and Becky said...

I'm so sorry Linds, how terrible! You are so completely right though, sometimes it takes something like this to make you realize how blessed we really are huh! I'm so glad everyone's okay, and that you were able to save most of your things!

Jess Perry said...

I am so sorry to hear that Lindsay! That is so horrible. I love how positive you are and how you find the good out of the situation! How are you feeling, by the way?

jeannie said...

Good work having the feeling to go home. It maybe could have been worse, not sure how though. Very traumatic weekend! Hope the wedding was fun!
Your house looks so cute can't wait to see more pictures.

Meghan said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry... :( I'm glad you were able to recover most of it.

hayleyrowan said...

Oh linds, I'm so sorry. That's horrible. I hope everything is ok now.

Tara said...

Yikes! Have you figured out what was the cause? I am so sorry. Life can never run perfectly smooth can it?

Kara said...

That is terrible Linds! I hope you did over work your self! Love ya lots!

Vanessa Jane said...

oh no, i am so sorry lindsey. that is the worst! that same thing happenend to my parents when we were little kids. hopefully everything will go well with you guys. good luck, dave and vanessa and aspen

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry to hear that!!!!

Fuller Family said...

That is terrible! I am glad you had a lot of help. Next time I am up I would love to see your house!

The Sagers Family said...

Oh my gosh Linds! That is so sad!! Did you really lose your pictures. I think those are my most prize possession. I've become a backup junkie? Any chance you had any backed up? Luckily the most important events were documented by Haley and she has copies right? You could probably get some of them of your blog too. You know you can make your blog into a book now. That might be a good idea. Anywho...sorry for your loss. What caused the flood?