Sunday, October 4, 2009

A success

Ahhh..sunny St George. Always a fun vacation. This time it was especially fun because we stayed with our good friends Jenn and Kyle. They have 2 little guys like us...Owen and Bridger were born on the same day and are super duper good buddies. Owen pretty much didn't sleep for 3 days he was so excited to play. Kyle and Jenn are pretty much RAD. We had so much fun with them. Thanks for weekend guys!
We had a little birthday party for the boys since their bday is the same day and happens to be in a few weeks. We played "pop the balloon", opened a present, ate cupcakes and rode bikes. wala!
Of course, the REAL reason we went down to George was to run the marathon. Mom was a rock star and decided to run it 3 weeks ago. Here she is with her buddy Kelly with .1 miles to go!
Dad and I both got a PR...we were very excited about it! 3:25 for dad and 3:17 for me. Dad is such a great motivator and always wants me to do my best! Im so happy to have him for my runnin partner. This is at the finish line waitin for mom.
really happy to be sitting down right now. My stomach cramped at the end and i was in a ball the whole rest of the day, Thank goodness for hot tubs.
Overall, it was a great race. Dad and i ran together until about mile 15. I started having back pain and decided...i just really want to finish fast so i can sit down. Dad got a sip of water and we never re-connected..until the finish. Then we ate popsicles and hobbled back to our family.
Next up, Boston marathon in April!

15 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

You are a MACHINE! I want to be just like you when I grow up ;) See you next week hot mama!

Steph said...

wow -- you are super duper fast!!! can't believe how awesome you are! maybe someday i can just do one of those, but definitely not even close to that time!

Dave said...

You're a pretty dang good runnin' partner yourself...I wish I could keep up the sub 8 pace to the finish with ya just once...you are one solid piece of machinery. Bad tummy or not, UROCK.....iluvu

Gasaway Family said...

Holy Cow Lindsey! You are awesome! Way to go, speedo, good luck in Boston!

The Powells said...

you're amazing Lindsey.

Shawn said...

You are amazing! I brought your vanilla back last night because I am sure you need some cookies, right? You certainly deserve them after your weekend!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

holy fast. good job, did i tell you i am jealous? cause i am. I want to be that good! someday maybe!

The Dumas Family said...

You guys are runnin rock stars! I can't believe you find time to train and go to school. You must have more hours in your day than mine! Way to go! Tell your folks great job too!

Ali said...

you never cease to amaze me with your running talent. Great job!

Leah said...

What in the...you rock my world.

The Sandy Bottom Crew said...

wow. You totally inspire me!!! Way to go girl:)

hayleyrowan said...

honnestly you marathon runners amaze me. awesome job. you're a stud.

Tiffany said...

k honestly how do you do it??? Would you please email me if you have time... tibumb@hotmail.com maybe you could help motivate me! you are definitely an inspiration! You go girl! thanks, Tiff

Tiffany said...

oh and that's a great time!!!!

M to the E to the R to the I said...

You go girl. That is LIGHTNING fast. Wow.