Thursday, April 10, 2008

I wish i were here...

There is something about BOSTON that holds a special place in my heart...

could it be the amazingly cute old buildings that have so much history behing them?
Could it be how nice and sophisticated and helpful and fashionable (in a very polo shirt and glasses kind of way) the people on harvard campus are?

Could it be the exciting sounds of the "T" (subway) and feeling super cool and city-ish while riding them?
Is it the rain boots that we picked up at marshalls next to our hotel that i look at and reminis of the nor-eastern storm we braved while there?

Or could it be that just ONE year ago this week i achieved a goal and a dream came true for me in the very place of Boston? Was it the support from the town folks that came out in the rain-sleet & hail just to cheer on the marathoners? Or was it the hugs i got from my family after crossing the finishing line with a huge lump in my throat...and then eating vegetable soup in a warm cafe?
Either way, Boston holds a special place in my heart!


12 comments:

Steph said...

I remember when you went away that weekend to run the race, and hearing about how it almost got cancelled, and just praying for you that you would be able to run since I knew you really wanted too! It is SO HARD to believe that it really has been a year already since then! holy smokes - where is the time? You weren't pregnant then when you ran were you? Anyhow, miss you!

M to the E to the R to the I said...

That is awesome. That must have been so neat running in that. Cool. Cool. How was Chuck E Cheese? Solee is dying to go there.

allegra said...

lol.i wish you were in boston too. that way we could hang out:) it truly is a quaint and beautiful ciy. i think i will cry when we move away. i was walking alongside the charles river over by harvard yesterday since it was 70 degrees outside, and on every street lamp there are banners and flags with boston marathon info all over them and i thought about you. you are amazing to have ran in that and how fun you got to do it b/4 little stud muffin #2 was born. you go girl!

Gilly Funk said...

I can't believe you did that! Actually I can, but it's just CRAZY! Your awesome! Will you ever do it again?

Tara said...

Seems like such a cool city. jealous Legs lives there. Maybe I should visit...oh well. Love those pics

The Ducketts said...

I cannot believe that was a year ago, and that is quite an accomplishment. You have quite the talent with running and you kick my butt even right after having a baby!!!! We need to get together and I need a baby fix...Ill call ya soon!

heather telford photography said...

I would of cried the whole time running if i ran that what an amazing accomplishment!! You are a rocki'n runner Linds!!

Jess Perry said...

Never been there but I want to go so bad!! Want to do that marathon too some day!

Lindsey said...

I still brag about my coolest friend that ran (or in my eyes sprinted) the boston marathon :) That has to be the best memory for you. Way to go!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

I can't believe it's already been a year! You are amazing. We need to get together for a BBQ soon. On our drive home yesterday Brooklyn kept asking for Owen & Tyson and she was SO bummed when we came home instead of seeing you guys.

Meg said...

I just think that is so awesome that you did that. What a great accomplishment! You must have had the best feeling when you crossed the finish line (minus all the soreness). :)

Jen Bird said...

Boston is such a beautiful place! I think I could live there! What a nice post...I'm still proud of you for running that race! :)